- Published Aug 14th
- Ready In50m
Looking for something quick one evening, I had leftover rice and shrimp. The rest is history and my family loves these. For best results, refrigerate the cooked tomatoes overnight. They get better upon rewarming on the second day.
Jambalaya-Stuffed Tomatoes Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Jambalaya-Stuffed Tomatoes for 4 servings:
- 4 large tomatoes
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/4 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup cooked basmati rice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 10 large shrimp - shelled, deveined, and halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup chicken broth, or more as needed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, or more to taste
Jambalaya-Stuffed Tomatoes Cooking Instructions
- Ready In50m
To cook Jambalaya-Stuffed Tomatoes, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Jambalaya-Stuffed Tomatoes is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Jambalaya-Stuffed Tomatoes within 50 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Jambalaya-Stuffed Tomatoes easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a baking dish.
- 2 Remove the tops from tomatoes; scoop out the insides. Chop the tomato meat and set aside for later use. Liberally season the insides of tomatoes with salt and black pepper.
- 3 Melt butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook and stir onion and green onion until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Add green pepper, ham, rice, and thyme; cook until warmed, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 4 Fill each tomato with the rice mixture, 2 to 3 shrimp, and reserved tomato meat. Pour about 1 tablespoon chicken broth into each tomato. Place tomatoes in the prepared baking dish. Spoon any leftover rice mixture and tomato meat around the stuffed tomatoes in the baking dish.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until shrimp are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle tomatoes with Parmesan cheese and bake until cheese is melted, 3 to 5 more minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 202 calories; 6.9 grams of fat; 20.5 grams of carbohydrates; 15.1 grams of protein; 97 milligrams of cholesterol; 368 milligrams of sodium.