- Published Sep 9th
- Ready In10h 20m
Jane’s Barbecued Short Ribs Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Jane’s Barbecued Short Ribs for 4 servings:
- 3 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white sugar, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Jane’s Barbecued Short Ribs Cooking Instructions
- Cook2h 10m
- Ready In10h 20m
To cook Jane’s Barbecued Short Ribs, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Jane’s Barbecued Short Ribs is about 2 hours 10 minutes , and you can serve your Jane’s Barbecued Short Ribs within 10 hours 20 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Jane’s Barbecued Short Ribs easily:
- 1 Place beef ribs in a large resealable plastic bag. Add onions, tomato sauce, water, vinegar, sugar, parsley, horseradish, mustard, salt, and black pepper. Squeeze excess air out of bag and seal. Marinate in refrigerator overnight or up to 24 hours, turning bag several times.
- 2 Transfer beef and marinade to a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until beef is tender and falling off the bones, about 2 hours. Remove beef from liquid with a slotted spoon.
- 3 Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- 4 Arrange beef on preheated grill and cook until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- If cooking in a slow cooker, cook for 7 to 8 hrs on Low.
- If gravy is desired, skim fat from cooking liquid, pour in small pan (keeping onions in sauce), and thicken with flour.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 782 calories; 62.8 grams of fat; 18.8 grams of carbohydrates; 33.8 grams of protein; 140 milligrams of cholesterol; 1038 milligrams of sodium.