- Published Aug 11th
- Ready In25m
Japanese Tamago Egg Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Japanese Tamago Egg for 6 servings:
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup prepared dashi stock
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon mirin (Japanese sweet wine)
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil, or more as needed
Japanese Tamago Egg Cooking Instructions
- Ready In25m
To cook Japanese Tamago Egg, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Japanese Tamago Egg is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Japanese Tamago Egg within 25 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Japanese Tamago Egg easily:
- 1 Beat eggs thoroughly in a bowl; whisk in dashi stock, sugar, mirin, and soy sauce until sugar has dissolved.
- 2 Place a nonstick skillet or omelet pan over medium heat. Oil the pan with vegetable oil. Pour a thin layer of egg mixture into the hot pan and swirl to coat pan.
- 3 When egg layer is firm on the bottom but still slightly liquid on top, lift up about 1 inch of the edge of the omelet with a spatula and fold end over remaining egg layer; continue rolling the omelet to the end and push the roll to the edge of the skillet. Oil the skillet again if it looks dry; pour another thin layer of egg into the skillet and lift the roll to let the egg flow underneath the omelet roll. Fold the omelet roll over the new layer of egg, continuing to roll to the end as before. Push omelet to edge of skillet.
- 4 Pour a new egg layer into the skillet, oiling the pan if needed. Roll the omelet over to incorporate the next egg layer into the roll. Pour new layers and roll into the omelet until all egg mixture has been used. Remove omelet to a serving platter and cut into 6 equal pieces to serve.
- Cook's Note:
- It is best to use a Tamago pan, which is a 5x7-inch square nonstick frying pan, but any small pan will work--you just won't have square ends on your finished omelet-- but no effect on taste.
Per Serving: 63 calories; 3.8 grams of fat; 2.6 grams of carbohydrates; 4.4 grams of protein; 124 milligrams of cholesterol; 87 milligrams of sodium.