- Published Jan 16th
- Ready In3h 10m
Jen’s Maple Pumpkin Pie Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Jen’s Maple Pumpkin Pie for 8 servings:
- 1 (3 pound) sugar pumpkin, cut in half
- 1 pie dough for a single-crust pie
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch salt
Jen’s Maple Pumpkin Pie Cooking Instructions
- Cook2h 25m
- Ready In3h 10m
To cook Jen’s Maple Pumpkin Pie, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Jen’s Maple Pumpkin Pie is about 2 hours 25 minutes , and you can serve your Jen’s Maple Pumpkin Pie within 3 hours 10 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Jen’s Maple Pumpkin Pie easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2 Place pumpkin halves, cut-side down, on prepared baking sheet.
- 3 Roast pumpkin in the preheated oven until tender, about 1 hour. Set aside until cool enough to handle, at least 15 minutes. Remove seeds from pumpkin and discard. Scoop pumpkin flesh into a food processor and blend until smooth. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 4 While pumpkin is roasting, roll out pie dough to fit in a 9-inch pie dish. Crimp edges to form a border. Refrigerate dough until chilled, at least 45 minutes.
- 5 Line chilled pie dough with 2 sheets of aluminum foil and pour pie weights into the foil.
- 6 Bake in the preheated oven until crust is set on the sides and lightly golden on the border, about 25 minutes. Remove aluminum foil with pie weights. Whisk egg white and water together in a small bowl. Brush border of pie crust with egg white mixture and return to oven. Bake until bottom of the pie appears dry and set, about 10 minutes more. Remove crust from oven and reduce temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- 7 Whisk 2 cups pumpkin puree, cream, eggs, brown sugar, maple syrup, flour, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt together in a bowl until smooth. Pour pumpkin mixture into baked pie crust.
- 8 Bake pie in the preheated oven until just set in the center, about 50 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- I like to make a decorative crust for this pie using leaf-shaped cookie cutters.
- I use Jen's Killer Pie Crust pie dough recipe.
Per Serving: 375 calories; 20.6 grams of fat; 43.8 grams of carbohydrates; 6.7 grams of protein; 111 milligrams of cholesterol; 168 milligrams of sodium.