This makes a great brunch item on Sunday. We like to use hot sausage but mild works as well.
- 1 pound fresh, ground pork sausage
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 slices bread
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2 In a skillet, brown the sausage, drain and place in a square casserole dish. Cover top of sausage with onion slices. Cover top of onion with cheese. Place 4 slices of bread on top of the cheese. Bread should fit exactly to cover top of the dish.
- 3 Mix eggs and milk in a bowl and slowly pour over top of bread, mixture should fill dish almost to the top.
- 4 Bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Calories 593.9
- Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 273.6 mg
- Fat 47 g
- Fiber 0.7 g
- Protein 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Sodium 897.5 mg
- Sugar 5.9 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.