Egg noodles are layered in a casserole with two cheeses and a tasty meat and veggie mixture. Serve with a nice Caesar salad and some garlic bread for a wonderful family treat.
- 1 (8 ounce) package dry egg noodles
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 strips celery, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 2 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain and set aside.
- 3 In a medium sized saucepan over medium high heat, stir together the ground beef, onion, celery, green bell pepper, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook until beef is evenly brown and vegetables are tender. Drain fat. Stir in the tomato soup and cream of mushroom soup.
- 4 Place half of the cooked egg noodles in the prepared baking dish. Layer with half of the meat mixture and half of both cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Salt and pepper to taste, then repeat the layers with the remaining cheese being the top layer; salt and pepper to taste once again, if desired.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted and the surface is hot and bubbly.
- Calories 335.5
- Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Cholesterol 82.3 mg
- Fat 17.3 g
- Fiber 1.4 g
- Protein 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7 g
- Sodium 553.2 mg
- Sugar 3.8 g