Steamed asparagus with a lowfat raspberry sauce for a quick and easy side dish. Compliments almost any beef, chicken or seafood meal.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 (8 ounce) container low-fat raspberry yogurt
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 Place the asparagus in a steamer basket, and set over about 1 inch of boiling water. Cover, and steam for 5 to 8 minutes, or until tender and bright green.
- 2 In a small saucepan, stir together the yogurt and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until warmed.
- 3 Place steamed asparagus onto serving plates, and spoon the sauce over, or serve sauce separately.
- Calories 85.4
- Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Fat 0.7 g
- Fiber 3.2 g
- Protein 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Sodium 42.7 mg
- Sugar 12.3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.