This recipe was developed by my good friend, Joyce. It was written for a bread machine, but I’m sure it could be adapted. Light bread with a wonderful lemon flavor! Try toasted…Yum!
- ¾ cup warm water (100 degrees F/38 degrees C)
- 2 tablespoons warm water (100 degrees F/38 degrees C)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons lemon extract
- 3 ½ cups bread flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 Pour both amounts of warm water into a bread machine and add butter, eggs, lemon extract, bread flour, sugar, and yeast in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough setting and start the machine.
- 2 Grease 3 8-inch round cake pans.
- 3 Remove dough when cycle is finished; cut dough into 3 equal-sized pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and place into a prepared cake pan; cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- 4 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 5 Bake loaves in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Calories 283.5
- Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Cholesterol 43.2 mg
- Fat 4.5 g
- Fiber 1.6 g
- Protein 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Sodium 34.4 mg
- Sugar 11.3 g