- Published Dec 31st
- Ready In1h 20m
Judy’s Hearty Vegetable Minestrone Soup Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Judy’s Hearty Vegetable Minestrone Soup for 6 servings:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil and garlic
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup bite-sized pieces kale
Judy’s Hearty Vegetable Minestrone Soup Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 20m
To cook Judy’s Hearty Vegetable Minestrone Soup, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Judy’s Hearty Vegetable Minestrone Soup is about 1 hour , and you can serve your Judy’s Hearty Vegetable Minestrone Soup within 1 hour 20 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Judy’s Hearty Vegetable Minestrone Soup easily:
- 1 Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir celery, carrots, onion, and garlic in the hot oil until the onion is translucent, 7 to 10 minutes.
- 2 Pour vegetable stock over the vegetable mixture; season with Italian seasoning, kosher salt, and black pepper. Stir tomatoes, potatoes, and kidney beans into the stock mixture; bring to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 40 minutes. Add kale and continue cooking until the kale wilts, about 5 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 217 calories; 5.5 grams of fat; 35.7 grams of carbohydrates; 7.4 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 766 milligrams of sodium.