Boneless breasts are brined and then marinated and cooked on the grill. The result is a moist, juicy breast with a lot of flavor. This is the perfect recipe to change and adjust according to what spices you have on hand. Great on sandwiches and wraps, chicken salad, cubed and added to pesto pasta… The possibilities are endless for leftovers – they stay absolutely moist and tender.
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Combine water, kosher salt, and sugar in a resealable zip-top bag; add chicken breasts. Remove air from the bag, seal, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2 Remove chicken from the bag; discard brine. Return 1 chicken breast at a time to the bag, partially seal, and pound with a rolling pin or similar object until thickness is even. Transfer to a plate and continue with remaining chicken breasts.
- 3 Return chicken to the bag and add olive oil, vinegar, paprika, garlic, lemon zest, oregano, chili powder, thyme, and black pepper. Seal and let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 4 Remove chicken from the marinade and rest on a plate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 5 Meanwhile, preheat an outdoor gas grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate. Turn 1 burner off and keep the other on high heat.
- 6 Grill chicken over the mid-point on the grill for 2 minutes, then rotate 90 degrees and cook for 2 minutes more. Flip and proceed the same way on the other side until browned and no longer pink in the center, 4 to 5 minutes total. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Move to the cooler part of the grill if you need to cook a little longer.
- 7 Tent chicken with foil and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Calories 422.7
- Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Fat 30 g
- Fiber 0.9 g
- Protein 24 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Sodium 5756.5 mg
- Sugar 12.7 g