- Published May 3rd
- Ready In6h 25m
Jujeh Kabob (Persian Chicken Kabobs) Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Jujeh Kabob (Persian Chicken Kabobs) for 6 servings:
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon crushed saffron
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- metal skewers
Jujeh Kabob (Persian Chicken Kabobs) Cooking Instructions
- Ready In6h 25m
To cook Jujeh Kabob (Persian Chicken Kabobs), you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Jujeh Kabob (Persian Chicken Kabobs) is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Jujeh Kabob (Persian Chicken Kabobs) within 6 hours 25 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Jujeh Kabob (Persian Chicken Kabobs) easily:
- 1 Combine onion, lime juice, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and saffron in a large glass bowl. Mix in olive oil. Press chicken into the bowl lightly and cover with plastic wrap. Let marinate for 6 hours to overnight, mixing every few hours to make sure chicken is coated.
- 2 Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- 3 Remove chicken from the bowl, shake off excess marinade, and discard marinade left in the bowl. Place chicken onto metal skewers, making sure it's not too tightly packed.
- 4 Cook skewers on the preheated grill until chicken is browned and no longer pink in the center, turning as needed, 10 to 15 minutes total.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use boneless chicken thighs cut into quarters instead of chicken breasts.
- You can use soaked bamboo skewers instead of metal.
Per Serving: 346 calories; 14.5 grams of fat; 5.1 grams of carbohydrates; 47.7 grams of protein; 129 milligrams of cholesterol; 1277 milligrams of sodium.