A traditional pumpkin pie with a kick. Modified from the original recipe made in class.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup coffee-flavored liqueur (such as Kahlua®)
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 ½ cups canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Press pie crust into a 9-inch pie dish.
- 2 Beat evaporated milk, brown sugar, coffee-flavored liqueur, corn syrup, cinnamon, salt, cloves, nutmeg, and ginger together in a bowl using a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until smooth.
- 3 Pour pumpkin and eggs into brown sugar mixture; beat until well incorporated. Pour pumpkin mixture into pie crust.
- 4 Bake pie in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) and continue baking until center begins to firm, about 30 minutes.
- Calories 304.4
- Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Cholesterol 55.6 mg
- Fat 11.3 g
- Fiber 2.4 g
- Protein 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Sodium 435.3 mg
- Sugar 24.7 g