This colorful kale salad with carrots, bell peppers, and peanuts is tossed with apple cider vinaigrette for a delicious side-dish salad or light lunch.
- 10 cups thinly sliced kale leaves
- 2 medium red or yellow bell peppers, sliced thin
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dry roasted lightly salted peanuts, divided
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Combine kale, bell peppers, carrots and 3/4 cup peanuts in a large bowl.
- 2 Place remaining ingredients in Oster® Versa® Performance Blender; add remaining peanuts. Blend on HIGH for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until combined. (Do not grind peanuts completely.)
- 3 Pour desired amount of dressing over kale mixture and toss to coat.
- 4 Serve salad immediately or refrigerate, covered, up to 1 day before serving.
- Calories 401.6
- Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Fat 31.7 g
- Fiber 5.7 g
- Protein 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Sodium 424.7 mg
- Sugar 6.7 g