- Published Aug 8th
- Ready In55m
This is a refreshing and fulfilling pasta salad that has enough protein to be eaten alone as a small meal. The ingredients are more unique and sometimes healthier than many other macaroni salad dishes out there. This was created in my own kitchen recently, enjoy!
Kara’s Summer Salad Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Kara’s Summer Salad for 6 servings:
- 1 (12 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1/2 (1 pound) package shelled edamame, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, or more if needed
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can premium canned chicken, minced
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed kernels, or to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
Kara’s Summer Salad Cooking Instructions
- Ready In55m
To cook Kara’s Summer Salad, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Kara’s Summer Salad is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Kara’s Summer Salad within 55 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Kara’s Summer Salad easily:
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes; drain.
- 2 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook edamame in boiling water for 10 minutes; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- 3 Stir mayonnaise, celery seed, paprika, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- 4 Toss macaroni, edamame, chicken, eggs, sunflower seed kernels, Cheddar cheese, and green onion in a bowl; add mayonnaise mixture and stir to coat.
- 5 Chill in refrigerator until cold, 30 to 60 minutes.
Per Serving: 483 calories; 19.5 grams of fat; 47.1 grams of carbohydrates; 29.1 grams of protein; 150 milligrams of cholesterol; 504 milligrams of sodium.