- Published Aug 8th
- Ready In55m
Kara’s Summer Salad Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Kara’s Summer Salad for 6 servings:
- 1 (12 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1/2 (1 pound) package shelled edamame, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, or more if needed
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can premium canned chicken, minced
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed kernels, or to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
Kara’s Summer Salad Cooking Instructions
- Ready In55m
To cook Kara’s Summer Salad, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Kara’s Summer Salad is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Kara’s Summer Salad within 55 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Kara’s Summer Salad easily:
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes; drain.
- 2 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook edamame in boiling water for 10 minutes; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- 3 Stir mayonnaise, celery seed, paprika, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- 4 Toss macaroni, edamame, chicken, eggs, sunflower seed kernels, Cheddar cheese, and green onion in a bowl; add mayonnaise mixture and stir to coat.
- 5 Chill in refrigerator until cold, 30 to 60 minutes.
Per Serving: 483 calories; 19.5 grams of fat; 47.1 grams of carbohydrates; 29.1 grams of protein; 150 milligrams of cholesterol; 504 milligrams of sodium.