Traditional vodka sauce is the basis for this recipe, but with a twist to suit my family’s taste. This is quick enough to serve on a weeknight but is also a treat for company.
- 1 (8 ounce) package uncooked farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- ½ pound sweet Italian sausage
- 1 (6 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- ½ pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup vodka
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup half-and-half
- ⅓ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place farfalle pasta in the pot, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- 2 In a skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage until evenly brown. Mix in the roasted red peppers, mushrooms, and vodka, and bring to a boil. Cook and stir 5 minutes, until most of the vodka has evaporated and mushrooms are tender.
- 3 Mix the tomatoes, half-and-half, and red pepper into the skillet. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring frequently, 15 minutes. Serve over the cooked pasta, and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Calories 595.3
- Carbohydrate 65 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Fat 19.3 g
- Fiber 7.2 g
- Protein 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8 g
- Sodium 1054.1 mg
- Sugar 3.4 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.