- Published Apr 8th
- Ready In55m
Cauliflower, leeks, potato, and carrots are cooked with garlic in vegetable broth, pureed, then combined with low-fat coconut milk and spices in this basic cream of cauliflower soup.
Kat’s Cauliflower Leek Soup Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Kat’s Cauliflower Leek Soup for 6 servings:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 leeks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 head white cauliflower, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 (32 ounce) carton low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, or as desired (optional)
Kat’s Cauliflower Leek Soup Cooking Instructions
- Ready In55m
To cook Kat’s Cauliflower Leek Soup, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Kat’s Cauliflower Leek Soup is about 35 minutes , and you can serve your Kat’s Cauliflower Leek Soup within 55 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Kat’s Cauliflower Leek Soup easily:
- 1 Melt coconut oil with olive oil in a large pot over medium-low heat. Cook and stir leeks and garlic in hot oil mixture until leeks are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 2 Stir cauliflower, carrots, and potato into leek mixture; cook and stir until the vegetables are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 3 Pour vegetable broth into the pot, bring to a simmer, and cover the pot. Reduce heat to low and simmer broth until vegetables are completely tender, 10 to 20 minutes.
- 4 Pour broth mixture into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth.
- 5 Return puree to pot and place over low heat. Stir coconut milk, black pepper, nutmeg, and allspice into the puree. Ladle into bowls and garnish with parsley.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 274 calories; 15.9 grams of fat; 30 grams of carbohydrates; 4.9 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 205 milligrams of sodium.