- Published May 9th
- Ready In45m
Kay’s Shortbread Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Kay’s Shortbread for 14 servings:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
Kay’s Shortbread Cooking Instructions
- Ready In45m
To cook Kay’s Shortbread, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Kay’s Shortbread is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Kay’s Shortbread within 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Kay’s Shortbread easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and confectioners' sugar. Stir in the butter and vanilla, and mix until a stiff dough forms. Pat dough into 9-inch round cake pan, and prick well with a fork. Sprinkle remaining sugar over dough.
- 3 Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Cut into wedges while warm. Cool on wire rack; separate cookies.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 206 calories; 13.3 grams of fat; 19.8 grams of carbohydrates; 2 grams of protein; 35 milligrams of cholesterol; 144 milligrams of sodium.