A delicious, easy, curry chicken dish cooked entirely in a slow cooker. It’s even better one or two days later, as leftovers. Your family will love it! Serve curry chicken over rice, with naan bread and a salad and you have a wonderful meal (I serve it over brown rice).
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix (such as Knorr® French Onion Soup Mix)
- 3 tablespoons curry powder, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 3 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves -- trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 Set the slow cooker to the High setting.
- 2 Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir the onion until browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Set the onion aside.
- 3 In a large bowl, stir together cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, coconut milk, dry soup mix, curry powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper until the mixture is thoroughly combined. Place the chicken into the bottom of the slow cooker, and pour the mixture over the chicken. Stir in onion, peas and mushrooms.
- 4 Cook on High setting for 1 1/2 hours, then reduce heat to Low and cook an additional 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Calories 635.3
- Carbohydrate 32 g
- Cholesterol 110.6 mg
- Fat 37.9 g
- Fiber 6 g
- Protein 45.2 g
- Saturated Fat 24 g
- Sodium 2230.5 mg
- Sugar 6 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.