You will never miss eating mashed potatoes again now that you can have this deliciously creamy, bacon-cheese- flavored mashed cauliflower instead!
- ½ pound bacon, diced
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil
- ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- sea salt to taste
- 1 Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels, reserving grease in the skillet.
- 2 Place cauliflower in a metal or silicone steamer basket inside a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®). Add 1 cup water to the pot. Close and lock the lid. Select Steam function; set timer for 4 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- 3 Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- 4 Drain cauliflower and transfer to a deep bowl. Add Parmesan cheese, butter, MCT oil, vinegar, and salt. Mix with an immersion blender until smooth. Stir in diced bacon. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of the reserved bacon grease.
- Calories 398.5
- Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 68.5 mg
- Fat 32.2 g
- Fiber 5.3 g
- Protein 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Sodium 877.8 mg
- Sugar 5.2 g