I make these over the holidays, and I follow a low-carb diet, these slow-roasted mixed nuts are addictive! The smell coming out of your kitchen will be spectacular! It is perfect for anyone on a reduced-carb or diabetic diet, and it is totally customizable, as you can put in any combination of nuts!
- 1 serving cooking spray
- ½ cup low-calorie natural sweetener (such as Swerve®)
- 2 large egg whites egg whites
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pound pecans
- 1 Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 2 Put sweetener in a small mixing bowl.
- 3 Beat egg whites in a glass, metal, or ceramic bowl until frothy. Gradually add salt and cinnamon, continuing to beat until soft peaks form. Add pecans and stir until evenly coated with the spiced egg whites. Toss nuts in the sweetener until coated and spread out on the prepared baking sheet.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Calories 317.7
- Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Fat 32.7 g
- Fiber 4.5 g
- Protein 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Sodium 243.7 mg
- Sugar 1.9 g