- Published Dec 24th
- Ready In38m
This was a family-favorite as I was growing up. It’s fast and easy. Serve on a bed of rice.
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Kima for 4 servings:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon Masala curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, or to taste
Kima Cooking Instructions
- Ready In38m
To cook Kima, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Kima is about 28 minutes , and you can serve your Kima within 38 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Kima easily:
- 1 Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. stir in onion and garlic; cook until onion is translucent, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 2 Stir beef into onion mixture; cook until crumbly and no longer pink, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain excess fat from beef mixture.
- 3 Stir tomatoes, peas, curry powder, salt, paprika, chili powder, and black pepper into beef mixture; cook until thickened, about 20 minutes. Garnish with coconut.
Per Serving: 420 calories; 30.7 grams of fat; 14.5 grams of carbohydrates; 22.6 grams of protein; 93 milligrams of cholesterol; 1053 milligrams of sodium.