The flavors in this elegant blend are reminiscent of Old Spain. This recipe mix makes enough to serve at a social gathering or to mix and give for holiday gifts. If desired, omit the confectioners’ sugar and add honey to the milk to sweeten.
- 2 pounds confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 4 cups French vanilla flavored powdered coffee creamer
- 2 cups Dutch process cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons dried orange zest
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground anise seed
- 1 In a large bowl, stir together the confectioners' sugar, coffee creamer, cocoa, orange zest, cinnamon and anise seed. Store in an airtight container, or separate into smaller jars for gift giving.
- 2 To prepare, mix 1/4 cup of the cocoa mix with 1 1/2 cups of hot milk or boiling water.
- Calories 298.8
- Carbohydrate 59.1 g
- Fat 10.3 g
- Fiber 2.3 g
- Protein 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Sodium 1.7 mg
- Sugar 35.7 g