- Published Dec 24th
- Ready In9h
Kokub’s Mango Chutney from Pakistan Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Kokub’s Mango Chutney from Pakistan for 24 servings:
- 4 green (under ripe) mangoes - peeled, seeded, and cut into strips
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger root, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 cardamom pods
- 4 cardamom seeds
- 1 (3 inch) cinnamon stick
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 5 black peppercorns, crushed
Kokub’s Mango Chutney from Pakistan Cooking Instructions
- Ready In9h
To cook Kokub’s Mango Chutney from Pakistan, you need about 25 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Kokub’s Mango Chutney from Pakistan is about 35 minutes , and you can serve your Kokub’s Mango Chutney from Pakistan within 9 hours . The following are the steps to cook Kokub’s Mango Chutney from Pakistan easily:
- 1 Place the mangoes into a large pot. Crush the ginger and garlic using a mortar and pestle until they become a smooth paste; stir the paste into the mangoes. Stir in the sugar, and season with salt, red pepper flakes, cumin seed, cardamom pods and seeds, cinnamon stick, and cloves. Stir to blend, and then cover the pot. Leave the pot sitting out at room temperature overnight.
- 2 The next day, place the pot over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to thicken, about 30 minutes. Stir in the vinegar and peppercorns; cook for 1 more minute. Cool before using.
Per Serving: 107 calories; 0.2 grams of fat; 27.4 grams of carbohydrates; 0.3 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 99 milligrams of sodium.