- Published Nov 16th
- Ready In1h 22m
Korean Barbequed Beef Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Korean Barbequed Beef for 8 servings:
- 1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice wine
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot chile paste
- 8 green onions, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup Bibb lettuce
Korean Barbequed Beef Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 22m
To cook Korean Barbequed Beef, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Korean Barbequed Beef is about 7 minutes , and you can serve your Korean Barbequed Beef within 1 hour 22 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Korean Barbequed Beef easily:
- 1 Slice beef with the grain into long strips, about 1 1/2 inches wide, and place into a bowl. Stir together the soy sauce, rice wine, sugar, garlic, sesame oil, pepper, and chile paste in a small bowl. Pour one third of this mixture over the beef, and toss to coat. Marinate at least one hour at room temperature, or longer in the refrigerator. Simmer the remaining sauce, and the green onions in a small saucepan for one minute before pouring into a serving dish to cool.
- 2 Wash and dry the lettuce, and trim off any large stems. Gently flatten the leaves with the side of a cleaver or large knife. Arrange on a serving dish.
- 3 Preheat a grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil grate.
- 4 Place grate three inches over the coals. Cook the meat to desired doneness, about three minutes per side for medium rare. Slice against the grain into thin strips.
- 5 To serve, each diner places some beef and sauce into a lettuce leaf, folds it into a bundle, and eats it with their fingers.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 166 calories; 5.9 grams of fat; 7.4 grams of carbohydrates; 16.4 grams of protein; 37 milligrams of cholesterol; 942 milligrams of sodium.