These Korean pickles can be eaten after about an hour, but the flavors develop better overnight.
- 1 pound cucumbers, peeled
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 3 tablespoons pickling salt
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Korean red pepper flakes (gochugaru)
- 3 cups rice vinegar, or as needed
- 1 Quarter cucumbers lengthwise and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- 2 Put cucumbers and onions in a bowl and cover with salt. Mix gently to coat all the pieces with salt. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- 3 Drain cucumbers and onion in a colander. Place back into the bowl and fill with water; stir to rinse. Drain again.
- 4 Combine garlic and gochugaru in a 1-quart Mason jar. Add the cucumbers and onion. Fill jar to the top with vinegar. Refrigerate 1 hour to overnight.
- Calories 16.9
- Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Fat 0.3 g
- Fiber 1 g
- Protein 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Sodium 2110.4 mg
- Sugar 1.3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.