- Published Jun 27th
- Ready In3h 25m
Tender pieces of lamb, marinated in a Greek lemon vinaigrette, threaded on skewers and char-grilled to perfection. I like to serve these with rosemary garlic roasted potatoes, a Greek salad, and pita bread.
Lamb Souvlaki Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Lamb Souvlaki for 4 servings:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, trimmed of all fat and cut into 1-inch cubes
Lamb Souvlaki Cooking Instructions
- Ready In3h 25m
To cook Lamb Souvlaki, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Lamb Souvlaki is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Lamb Souvlaki within 3 hours 25 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Lamb Souvlaki easily:
- 1 Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper together in a medium bowl. Add cubed lamb and stir until all of the lamb is coated with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours, or overnight.
- 2 Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- 3 Thread marinated lamb onto skewers, reserving any remaining marinade. Grill skewers until desired doneness, 10 to 12 minutes, basting with the reserved marinade and turning occasionally for even cooking.
Per Serving: 346 calories; 29.3 grams of fat; 1.4 gram of carbohydrates; 18.8 grams of protein; 65 milligrams of cholesterol; 343 milligrams of sodium.