- Published Jun 14th
- Ready In1d 1h 55m
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Lamingtons for 24 servings:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 pound unsweetened dried coconut
Lamingtons Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1d 1h 55m
To cook Lamingtons, you need about 25 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Lamingtons is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Lamingtons within 1 day 1 hour 55 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Lamingtons easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8x12-inch pan.
- 2 Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- 3 Beat 1/2 cup butter and 3/4 cup sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color. Add the room-temperature eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next. Beat in the vanilla with the last egg. Pour in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing until just incorporated.
- 4 Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Wrap with plastic wrap and store overnight at room temperature to give the cake a chance to firm up before slicing.
- 5 To make the icing: In a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and cocoa. Add the melted butter and warm milk and mix well to create a fluid, but not too runny, icing.
- 6 Cut the cake into 24 squares. Place parchment paper or waxed paper on a work surface, and set a wire rack on the paper. Pour the shredded coconut into a shallow bowl. Using a fork, dip each square into the icing, coating all sides, then roll it in the coconut. Place onto rack to dry. Continue until all lamingtons are coated.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 323 calories; 18 grams of fat; 39.9 grams of carbohydrates; 3.5 grams of protein; 29 milligrams of cholesterol; 124 milligrams of sodium.