- Published Dec 24th
Lance’s French Onion Soup Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Lance’s French Onion Soup for 6 servings:
- 5 onions, thinly sliced
- 6 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 pound shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (1 pound) loaf French bread, sliced
Lance’s French Onion Soup Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Lance’s French Onion Soup easily:
- 1 In a medium stock pot, heat beef broth over medium-high heat.
- 2 In a saute pan, add butter and oil and cook over medium-high heat. Once heated, add onions and stir, until onions are tender and transparent. Stir in sugar.
- 3 Add onions to heated broth, stir and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4 Add wine and season with salt and pepper, simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5 Pour soup mixture into individual serving bowls and place a slice of bread on top, making sure bread gets well soaked. Place shredded cheese on top of bread and broil, 3 inches below heat, until cheese bubbles.
Per Serving: 664 calories; 33.1 grams of fat; 56.1 grams of carbohydrates; 32.7 grams of protein; 84 milligrams of cholesterol; 1463 milligrams of sodium.