Golden polenta slices are topped with homemade pesto, prosciutto, and roasted red peppers in this yummy appetizer prepared in a Panasonic CIO. This recipe appears on an episode of the Dinner Spinner TV Show on The CW!
- 1 (16 ounce) tube polenta, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- 1 pinch garlic salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch Italian seasoning, or to taste
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, or more to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup olive oil, or more as needed
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 6 slices prosciutto, halved crosswise
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Place a grill pan in an oven and preheat to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). (If using a countertop induction oven, preheat on the "Grill" setting.)
- 2 Brush polenta slices with olive oil; season with garlic salt and Italian seasoning. Transfer to heated grill pan.
- 3 Grill in the preheated oven until golden brown, flipping halfway through, about 12 minutes in the conventional oven and 6 minutes in the countertop induction oven.
- 4 Combine basil, lemon juice, pine nuts, and garlic in a food processor; pulse a few times until chopped. Pour in 1/2 cup olive oil in a steady stream, with the processor running, until pesto is smooth. Add Parmesan cheese; pulse until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5 Arrange polenta slices on a platter. Divide prosciutto over slices; top each with 1 to 2 tablespoons pesto. Garnish with roasted red peppers.
- Calories 339.5
- Carbohydrate 16 g
- Cholesterol 15.6 mg
- Fat 27.6 g
- Fiber 1.6 g
- Protein 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Sodium 846.6 mg
- Sugar 2.6 g