- Published Mar 30th
- Ready In50m
Laurie’s Shepherd’s Pie Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Laurie’s Shepherd’s Pie for 6 servings:
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shell
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
Laurie’s Shepherd’s Pie Cooking Instructions
- Ready In50m
To cook Laurie’s Shepherd’s Pie, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Laurie’s Shepherd’s Pie is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Laurie’s Shepherd’s Pie within 50 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Laurie’s Shepherd’s Pie easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Place the potatoes into a saucepan and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook for 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain and mash with margarine and milk until fairly smooth.
- 3 Meanwhile, crumble the ground beef into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper. Cook and stir until beef is browned; drain excess fat.
- 4 Place the beef and onion mixture into the bottom of the pie shell, pour the cream-style corn over it. Spread mashed potatoes to cover the top of the pie.
- 5 Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the pie crust and potatoes are golden brown.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 548 calories; 29.1 grams of fat; 54 grams of carbohydrates; 19.1 grams of protein; 64 milligrams of cholesterol; 466 milligrams of sodium.