- Published Mar 19th
This is a Pennsylvania Dutch recipe for Lebkuchen.
Lebkuchen (Lep Kuchen) Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Lebkuchen (Lep Kuchen) for 24 servings:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/8 pound chopped candied citron
- 1/8 pound chopped almonds
Lebkuchen (Lep Kuchen) Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Lebkuchen (Lep Kuchen) easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a large baking sheet (approximately 14x16 or 11x17 inches).
- 2 Sift the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and cream of tartar together.
- 3 Mix the eggs and sugar thoroughly. Combine this with the flour mixture and stir in the citron and almonds.
- 4 Roll dough out on a floured surface to 1/4 inch thick. Cut sheet of dough to fit on your baking sheet.
- 5 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 minutes. Cut into squares or diamonds while still warm. Ice thinly with white or lemon frosting.
Per Serving: 92 calories; 1.7 grams of fat; 17.7 grams of carbohydrates; 1.9 grams of protein; 16 milligrams of cholesterol; 16 milligrams of sodium.