Published Jan 25th
Prep 15m Cook 15m Additional - Ready In 30m
Servings 4 Calories 357 kcal
Homemade lemon Alfredo sauce with heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and zest tastes delicious over pasta, vegetables, or fish.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 0.25 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 0.5 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 medium lemon, zested and juiced
- 0.33 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 0.33 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- 1 Melt butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Once butter is foamy, add garlic, pepper, salt, and nutmeg. Cook and stir until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 2 Gradually whisk in cream, stirring constantly, to incorporate cream into butter. Drizzle in lemon juice, then add lemon zest, while stirring constantly. Keep stirring until sauce coats the back of a spoon, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3 Remove from heat and stir in grated Pecorino Romano and Parmesan cheeses. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Serve garnished with parsley.
- Calories 357 kcal
- Carbohydrate 6 g
- Cholesterol 120 mg
- Fiber 1 g
- Protein 7 g
- Saturated Fat 22 g
- Sodium 487 mg
- Fat 35 g