- Published Dec 24th
- Ready In1h
Lower in fat than most risotto recipes but no one will know! I like to serve this as a main dish under some steamed halibut or other white fish.
Lemon Asparagus Risotto Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Lemon Asparagus Risotto for 4 servings:
- 20 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
Lemon Asparagus Risotto Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h
To cook Lemon Asparagus Risotto, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Lemon Asparagus Risotto is about 45 minutes , and you can serve your Lemon Asparagus Risotto within 1 hour . The following are the steps to cook Lemon Asparagus Risotto easily:
- 1 Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add asparagus, cover, and steam until tender, about 5 minutes. Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces; set aside.
- 2 Heat chicken broth in a saucepan over medium heat; keep at a simmer while preparing risotto.
- 3 Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and celery until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper. Stir in garlic and arborio rice; cook and stir until rice is lightly toasted, about 5 more minutes.
- 4 Pour white wine into rice mixture, stirring constantly, until liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes. Stir chicken broth into rice, one ladleful at a time, allowing liquid to absorb completely before adding more while stirring constantly, about 20 minutes. Add asparagus and stir.
- 5 Remove from heat and mix in Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and lemon zest. Serve immediately.
- Cook's Note:
- You can also roast asparagus by placing stalks, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper on a baking sheet and baking them in the oven at 350 F (180 C) for 15 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 357 calories; 8.7 grams of fat; 53.4 grams of carbohydrates; 11.1 grams of protein; 8 milligrams of cholesterol; 355 milligrams of sodium.