- Published Jul 27th
- Ready In53m
Top moist carrot cake cupcakes with bright and citrusy lemon frosting for a delectable spring treat.
Lemon Frosted Carrot Cake Cupcakes Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Lemon Frosted Carrot Cake Cupcakes for 24 servings:
- Reynolds® StayBrite® Baking Cups
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 cup mini jelly beans or chocolate egg candies
- Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon curd
- 3 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons milk, or more as needed
Lemon Frosted Carrot Cake Cupcakes Cooking Instructions
- Ready In53m
To cook Lemon Frosted Carrot Cake Cupcakes, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Lemon Frosted Carrot Cake Cupcakes is about 18 minutes , and you can serve your Lemon Frosted Carrot Cake Cupcakes within 53 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Lemon Frosted Carrot Cake Cupcakes easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin pans with 24 Reynolds(R) StayBrite(R) Baking Cups.
- 2 Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl.
- 3 Combine the carrots, oil, applesauce, egg, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Add carrot mixture to the flour mixture; mix just until combined. Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups.
- 4 Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in muffin pan. Transfer cupcakes to cooling rack; cool completely.
- 5 Top with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting, reserving a small amount. Make "nests" with the coconut. Dip jelly beans or candy eggs slightly into extra frosting and then place in the "nests" to keep them in place.
- 6 Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting: Combine cream cheese, butter, softened; and lemon curd in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until smooth. Gradually add 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar, beating well. Beat in 2 teaspoons milk. Gradually beat in another 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar. If necessary, beat in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to reach spreading consistency.
- REYNOLDS KITCHENS TIP:
- The best party accessory is a matching dessert! Reynolds StayBrite Baking cups and these yummy cupcakes are sure to amp up any party. The colors of the baking cups won't fade making your dessert the best on the block!
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 262 calories; 8.6 grams of fat; 45.3 grams of carbohydrates; 1.8 grams of protein; 17 milligrams of cholesterol; 130 milligrams of sodium.