I wanted a brighter-tasting cranberry sauce instead of one that had just a sweet note of sugar. Using lemonade concentrate made it easy and the ginger was perfect with the tart cranberries. Adding lemon peel would be good with this also, and this is wonderful served on top of turkey soup! Also good for any time of the year.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- 2 large apples - peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup lemonade concentrate
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- 1 Stir cranberries, apples, water, sugar, and lemonade concentrate together in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, and reduce heat to medium low.
- 2 Stir ginger and salt into cranberry mixture and simmer until cranberries burst and apples are tender, 20 minutes. Chill in the refrigerator.
- Calories 119.3
- Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Fat 0.1 g
- Fiber 2.2 g
- Protein 0.2 g
- Sodium 26.3 mg
- Sugar 27.3 g