- Published May 14th
Lemon-Marmalade Cookie Sandwiches Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Lemon-Marmalade Cookie Sandwiches for 6 servings:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons lemon marmalade
Lemon-Marmalade Cookie Sandwiches Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Lemon-Marmalade Cookie Sandwiches easily:
- 1 In a mixing bowl beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla.
- 2 In a food processor, finely grind flour, nuts, salt and cinnamon. Add to butter mixture and mix just until dough holds together.
- 3 Gather dough into a ball and flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic and chill for about 1 hour or until firm.
- 4 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter cookie sheet.
- 5 Roll dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thick. Cut out cookies with a 3-inch round cookie cutter. Gather scraps into a ball and re-roll to 1/4-inch thick. Cut out cookies, forming total of 12. Transfer cookies to the cookie sheet.
- 6 Using a 1-inch round cookie butter, cut out the center of 6 cookies and remove. Bake about 20 minutes or until golden. Cool on rack for 5 minutes.
- 7 Leaving a 1/8-inch border, spread 1 1/2 teaspoons of marmalade evenly over each cookie without a hole. Sift additional powdered sugar over cookies with holes. Place cookies with holes sugar side up atop jam-covered cookies.
Per Serving: 350 calories; 22.4 grams of fat; 35.1 grams of carbohydrates; 4 grams of protein; 41 milligrams of cholesterol; 212 milligrams of sodium.