Fried or baked, these cheesy, lemony zucchini chips are delicious served with a fresh basil aioli.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Stella® Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Puree the mayonnaise and fresh basil and set aside.
- 2 Mix breadcrumbs, Stella Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- 3 Dredge the zucchini slices in flour, dip in egg, and coat in the breadcrumb mixture.
- 4 Fry the coated zucchini slices in oil until lightly golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Or, place them on a wire rack on a baking pan, sprayed lightly with oil, and bake in a preheated 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) oven until lightly golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- 5 Serve zucchini chips with the basil aioli.
- Calories 479.3
- Carbohydrate 54.4 g
- Cholesterol 110.5 mg
- Fat 28.9 g
- Fiber 1.7 g
- Protein 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6 g
- Sodium 641.8 mg
- Sugar 2.7 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.