It was my first time baking mahi mahi with lemon pepper seasoning, and it was delicious. The amount of seasoning used is optional and personal preference, as is the length of time you let it marinate.
- 4 (4 ounce) fillets mahi mahi fillets
- 1 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 1 pinch lemon-pepper seasoning, or to taste
- garlic powder, or to taste
- 4 raw onion rings
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 Arrange 4 large pieces of aluminum foil on a work surface.
- 2 Place 1 mahi mahi fillet onto each aluminum foil piece. Pour Italian dressing over each fillet. Sprinkle each fillet with lemon-pepper seasoning and garlic powder; flip fillets and season other side with lemon-pepper seasoning and garlic powder. Place 1 onion ring atop each fillet and squeeze lemon quarter over each fillet. Fold aluminum foil over each fillet, crimping all the corners to completely seal. Place packets in a glass baking dish in the refrigerator to marinate, about 2 hours.
- 3 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 30 minutes. Carefully open packets and remove onion before serving.
- Calories 278.6
- Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 82 mg
- Fat 17.6 g
- Fiber 1.6 g
- Protein 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Sodium 1129.4 mg
- Sugar 5.6 g