- Published Mar 30th
- Ready In1h 50m
Lemon Polenta Biscuits Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Lemon Polenta Biscuits for 15 servings:
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup polenta
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Lemon Polenta Biscuits Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 50m
To cook Lemon Polenta Biscuits, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Lemon Polenta Biscuits is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Lemon Polenta Biscuits within 1 hour 50 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Lemon Polenta Biscuits easily:
- 1 Beat 1 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoon butter, confectioners' sugar, white sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon zest, and vanilla extract together in a bowl until smooth. Stir in polenta. Add flour in 2 batches, mixing until dough comes together. Stir in lemon juice.
- 2 Turn dough out on a floured work surface; knead gently until smooth, about 1 minute. Divide into 2 pieces. Place on parchment paper; roll up into logs and wrap well.
- 3 Refrigerate dough logs until firm, about 1 hour.
- 4 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- 5 Cut logs into 3/4-inch slices. Space slices 1 inch apart on baking sheets. Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon lemon zest on top.
- 6 Bake in the preheated oven until lightly brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely, about 10 minutes.
Per Serving: 285 calories; 14.1 grams of fat; 36.4 grams of carbohydrates; 3.5 grams of protein; 36 milligrams of cholesterol; 145 milligrams of sodium.