- Published Sep 1st
- Ready In90m
Lemon Velvet Sheet Cake Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Lemon Velvet Sheet Cake for 1913 servings:
- 1 serving cooking spray
- 1 ½ cups sifted cake flour
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups white sugar
- ¼ cup packed lemon zest
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 2 ½ cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
Lemon Velvet Sheet Cake Cooking Instructions
- Ready In90m
To cook Lemon Velvet Sheet Cake, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Lemon Velvet Sheet Cake is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Lemon Velvet Sheet Cake within 90 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Lemon Velvet Sheet Cake easily:
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13x2-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Line the bottom with parchment paper.
- 2 Whisk cake flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- 3 Combine white sugar and lemon zest in a large mixing bowl. Use your fingers to rub the zest into the sugar until fully incorporated. Whisk in olive oil, lemon extract, and vanilla extract. Add eggs and egg yolks, 1 at a time, whisking vigorously between each addition. Add lemon juice and whisk again; add creme fraiche, whisking a final time to incorporate.
- 4 Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture all at once and use a rubber spatula to very gently fold the dry into the wet. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean with a crumb or two, rotating at the halfway point, 30 to 33 minutes. Set on a cooling rack and let the cake cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Invert the cake, right-side up, on to the rack, and set over a rimmed baking sheet.
- 6 While cake cools, make the glaze. Place confectioners' sugar and lemon juice in a large bowl. Whisk vigorously until smooth. Gently pour over the cake, using an offset spatula to spread the glaze if it pools, and let the cake cool to room temperature. You can poke the cake with a toothpick to help the glaze seep in.
Per Serving: 424.5 calories; 65.7 g of carbohydrate; 69.2 mg of cholesterol; 17.2 g of fat; 0.7 g of fiber; 4 g of protein; 5.4 g of saturatedFat; 205.6 mg of sodium; 45.1 g of sugar;