For a quick meal that’s elegant enough to serve to company, you can’t beat the combination of shrimp, pesto, and pasta. Using garlic scapes instead of basil and garlic gives this dish a lighter note.
- 3 cups chopped garlic scapes
- 1 cup freshly grated Romano cheese
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (16 ounce) box fettuccine pasta
- 1 pound cooked shrimp
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 Place garlic scapes, Romano cheese, parsley, and walnuts in the bowl of a food processor; pulse to combine. Scrape down sides. Turn on food processor; pour in olive oil and lemon juice while processing pesto until smooth.
- 2 Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in pasta, bring back to a boil, and cook over medium heat until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- 3 Stir pesto and shrimp into the pasta. Season with salt and black pepper. Squeeze a lemon wedge over pasta and serve remaining wedges alongside.
- Calories 672.8
- Carbohydrate 80.9 g
- Cholesterol 168.2 mg
- Fat 23.7 g
- Fiber 5.1 g
- Protein 38.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Sodium 454.9 mg
- Sugar 4.2 g