- Published Mar 6th
- Ready In1h 50m
A less fattening version of an old favorite. Now you can eat even more!
Lighter Snickerdoodles Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Lighter Snickerdoodles for 24 servings:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 4 ounces lowfat cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Lighter Snickerdoodles Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 50m
To cook Lighter Snickerdoodles, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Lighter Snickerdoodles is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Lighter Snickerdoodles within 1 hour 50 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Lighter Snickerdoodles easily:
- 1 In a large bowl, cream together the butter, 1 1/2 cups of white sugar, and cream cheese. Beat in the egg and egg whites until smooth. Sift together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Cover, and refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour.
- 2 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). In a small dish, mix together the remaining white sugar and the cinnamon. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and roll the balls in the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Place the balls at least 2 inches apart on cookie sheets, and flatten slightly.
- 3 Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
Per Serving: 142 calories; 3.1 grams of fat; 26.2 grams of carbohydrates; 2.6 grams of protein; 15 milligrams of cholesterol; 112 milligrams of sodium.