A great alternative to the usual lemon, garlic, rosemary seasoning for lamb. Lamb comes out juicy and flavorful. Baste is also good on other meats and poultry.
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (4 pound) leg of lamb, butterflied
- 1 Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
- 2 In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the limeade concentrate, white wine, garlic, salt, pepper, and thyme. Cook, stirring, until the butter is melted. Remove from heat.
- 3 Place leg of lamb onto the preheated grill, and cook basting frequently for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the internal temperature has reached at least 145 degrees F (62 degrees C).
- Calories 290.5
- Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 80 mg
- Fat 15.4 g
- Protein 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Sodium 69.6 mg
- Sugar 13.2 g