You can substitute a lighter olive oil for the extra-virgin olive oil. Serve over rice.
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅓ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ⅓ teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 (4 ounce) mahi mahi fillets
- 2 twists lime zest
- 1 Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- 2 Whisk the extra-virgin olive oil, minced garlic, black pepper, cayenne pepper, salt, lime juice, and grated lime zest together in a bowl to make the marinade.
- 3 Place the mahi mahi fillets in the marinade and turn to coat; allow to marinate at least 15 minutes.
- 4 Cook on the preheated grill until the fish flakes easily with a fork and is lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- 5 Garnish with the twists of lime zest to serve.
- Calories 860
- Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 81.8 mg
- Fat 84.9 g
- Fiber 0.5 g
- Protein 21 g
- Saturated Fat 12 g
- Sodium 99.4 mg
- Sugar 0.4 g