This is a great Indian-style curry dish that can cook all day in the slow cooker, and makes enough to feed an army. Season to taste and serve with basmati rice.
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 3 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts, chopped
- ¼ cup butter, cut into chunks
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 head cauliflower, separated into florets
- 4 ½ tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon red chile flakes, or to taste
- ½ tablespoon ground ginger
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups chicken stock, or as needed
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour, or as needed
- 1 Place onion, chicken, butter, garlic, carrots, potatoes, and cauliflower in a slow cooker in that order. Sprinkle curry powder, turmeric, chile flakes, ginger, salt, and pepper on top. Add enough chicken stock to mostly cover the contents of the slow cooker.
- 2 Cook on Low, stirring periodically if you are home, about 8 hours.
- 3 Stir flour into the slow cooker and let simmer until the sauce thickens a bit, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Calories 324.3
- Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Cholesterol 59.5 mg
- Fat 9 g
- Fiber 8.1 g
- Protein 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Sodium 497.4 mg
- Sugar 5.8 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.