- Published Sep 12th
- Ready In40m
Loaded Greek Burgers Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Loaded Greek Burgers for 4 servings:
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 sprig fresh mint, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 8 ounces fresh spinach - rinsed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 sprigs fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 Kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 leaves lettuce
Loaded Greek Burgers Cooking Instructions
- Ready In40m
To cook Loaded Greek Burgers, you need about 25 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Loaded Greek Burgers is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Loaded Greek Burgers within 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Loaded Greek Burgers easily:
- 1 Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Cut the red bell pepper in half from top to bottom; remove the stem, seeds, and ribs; place pepper cut-side-down onto the prepared baking sheet.
- 2 Cook under the preheated broiler until the skin of the pepper has blackened and blistered, about 5 minutes. Allow the blackened pepper to cool and steam in a paper bag for 5 minutes; peel and dice; set aside.
- 3 Stir together the 2 ounces feta cheese, mayonnaise, lime juice, the 1 sprig chopped mint, and the 1 sprig chopped parsley in a small bowl; set aside.
- 4 Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- 5 Place the roasted red pepper, ground beef, feta cheese, spinach, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, onion, basil, the remaining mint, and the remaining parsley in a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and mix gently with your hands until evenly combined. Divide the meat mixture to form 4 equal 4 1/2 inch patties.
- 6 Cook on the preheated grill until the burgers are cooked to your desired degree of doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Serve burgers on warm toasted Kaiser roll with the feta cheese spread, fresh tomatoes, and lettuce.
Per Serving: 634 calories; 37.1 grams of fat; 36.5 grams of carbohydrates; 38.7 grams of protein; 174 milligrams of cholesterol; 1082 milligrams of sodium.