- Published May 21st
- Ready In1h 15m
A very rich and creamy risotto with lobster, caramelized onions, and sherry.
Lobster Risotto Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Lobster Risotto for 6 servings:
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 onions, chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 2 cups cooked lobster meat
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
Lobster Risotto Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 15m
To cook Lobster Risotto, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Lobster Risotto is about 1 hour , and you can serve your Lobster Risotto within 1 hour 15 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Lobster Risotto easily:
- 1 Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onions until light brown and tender, about 20 minutes.
- 2 Bring chicken broth to a boil in a pot; reduce heat to low and keep at a simmer.
- 3 Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large, flat-bottom pan over medium-high heat. Cook and stir shallot and garlic in the hot oil until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add Arborio rice to shallot mixture; cook and stir until rice begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Add wine and cook for 1 minute.
- 4 Stir 1 cup chicken broth into rice mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until broth is absorbed. Repeat adding broth, 1 cup at a time, until all the broth is used, stirring constantly until broth is absorbed each time, about 30 minutes.
- 5 Mix honey into onions and cook 5 minutes more.
- 6 Stir butter into rice mixture until melted. Add cream and stir until rice mixture thickens, about 3 minutes. Add paprika and cayenne pepper; stir well. Add sherry and mix well. Stir lobster meat into rice mixture and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Mix Parmesan cheese into rice mixture until melted. Add onion mixture and mix well; season with salt and pepper.
Per Serving: 565 calories; 25.4 grams of fat; 59.7 grams of carbohydrates; 19.3 grams of protein; 87 milligrams of cholesterol; 1393 milligrams of sodium.