- Published Feb 26th
- Ready In1h 30m
Lokshin Kugel (Noodle Pudding) Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Lokshin Kugel (Noodle Pudding) for 8 servings:
- 1 (12 ounce) package thin egg noodles
- 6 onions, diced
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil for frying
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- paprika to taste
Lokshin Kugel (Noodle Pudding) Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 30m
To cook Lokshin Kugel (Noodle Pudding), you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Lokshin Kugel (Noodle Pudding) is about 1 hour , and you can serve your Lokshin Kugel (Noodle Pudding) within 1 hour 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Lokshin Kugel (Noodle Pudding) easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- 2 While pasta is cooking, in medium saucepan, cook onions in oil over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper, and cook until brown and soft.
- 3 In very large mixing bowl, combine pasta, onions, eggs, bread crumbs and salt and pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly. Pour into baking dish and sprinkle paprika over the top. Sprinkle with oil, if desired, and bake 50 to 60 minutes, until top is crispy and golden.
- Editor's Note
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 228 calories; 5.3 grams of fat; 36.2 grams of carbohydrates; 9.3 grams of protein; 123 milligrams of cholesterol; 107 milligrams of sodium.