Using canned yams and apples with a sweet mixture of pecans, sugar, and cinnamon makes a tasty side dish.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans sliced yams, undrained
- 1 (20 ounce) can sliced apples, undrained
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2 Mix the yams and apples, and place into the bottom of a 2-quart casserole dish. Stir the pecans, sugar, and cinnamon together in a bowl; scatter over the yams and apples. Drizzle the margarine over the mixture.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven until the topping begins to brown, basting 1 or 2 times while cooking, about 20 minutes.
- Calories 325.9
- Carbohydrate 57.5 g
- Fat 10.8 g
- Fiber 6.3 g
- Protein 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Sodium 112.5 mg
- Sugar 46.5 g