Need to cut a few carbs? This low-carb cauliflower salad substitutes cauliflower bites for potatoes. All the flavors you love in potato salad are here, minus a few carbs, plus more fiber! Garnish with additional crumbled bacon and fresh parsley if desired.
- 4 quarts water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup thinly sliced celery
- 3 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons minced onion
- 3 tablespoons minced sweet pickles
- 1 teaspoon spicy mustard, or to taste
- ⅓ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Bring water and salt to a boil over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower; bring back to a boil. Cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
- 2 Spread cauliflower pieces onto a metal tray and freeze until cool, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 3 Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, celery, bacon, onion, pickles, mustard, and turmeric in a large bowl. Add cooled cauliflower and eggs; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Calories 241.6
- Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 63.4 mg
- Fat 23.3 g
- Fiber 2 g
- Protein 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Sodium 2000.7 mg
- Sugar 3.2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.